[TxMt] Yosemite and Latex

Brian Powell powellb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 23:54:56 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I am running Beta3 with Yosemite and have issues with the latex bundle.

First, I have it configured to use pdflatex and open in Skim while displaying the command output in a separate window.

When I “Typeset and View” (CMD-R), it takes upwards of 5 seconds for anything to happen on a core i7 macbook pro (it initially brought up a dialog stating it was searching for Ruby 1.8, which took about 20-25 secs). Once the command output window appears, everything happens as normal very quickly with the final document appearing in Skim.

If I close Skim, close the command output window, then press CMD-R again, it still takes 4-5 seconds to begin before generating the document. If I close the command output window more than 2 two times, the next time I bring TextMate to the front, it will crash. It states that it is submitting the crash reports, but I can submit one of them to Allan directly if he desires (see main snippet below).

Anyone else have problems with the latex bundle: slow response and crashing TextMate?

Thanks,
Brian

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT

Application Specific Information:
Key equivalent ‘@w’.
Performing @selector(_close:) from sender _NSThemeCloseWidget 0x608000389240

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread