[TxMt] Re: 'Open Recent' menu regression

Bas Van Klinkenberg txmt at vanklinkenbergsoftware.nl
Mon Oct 20 18:50:27 UTC 2014

Today I was doing quite some manual search and replace again and found my ‘Open Recent’ menu filled with files from the already opened project again.
This is the way to get this to happen:

- open a project wide file window (⇧⌘F)
- search for a term that occurs in many files
- click on one of the results to go into that file
- use ⌘G to jump through the search results in that file
- at the last search result in the file, using ⌘G will open the next file containing the next search result and jump to that rather than wrap or stop in the current file. (good!)
- from that moment on, the newly opened file is added to the ‘Open Recent’ list. IMO this should not happen, because I have the project already open.

So after a while, all the individual files are in the Open Recent menu, pushing out the more interesting history.

Best regards,
Bas