[TxMt] Re: Auto Save and Versions

Jason Smith jason at ncpod.org
Fri Oct 17 15:53:16 UTC 2014

For your use case, sure. You're ignoring that other people might find it very helpful for theirs.

Use your preferred tools, and let others request ones for themselves. Adding in Apple file versioning in no way impinges or alters your ability to use a more suitable tool for yourself, so I'm at a loss as to why you felt the need to speak out against it.

Now, if you're suggesting that file difference highlighting be layered over the top of Apple versioning, great, that sounds like a nice enhancement, and I'm sure that we can have an interesting discussion on the technical feasibility. However, it sounds more like you're simply saying "Well *I* don't think it's useful so we shouldn't go that direction." That isn't very productive.

--
Jason