[TxMt] Re: TM2: Magic Shrinking Window

Bas Van Klinkenberg txmt at vanklinkenbergsoftware.nl
Wed Oct 15 12:00:58 UTC 2014

> On 14 Oct 2014, at 22:03, Bas Van Klinkenberg wrote:
>
>> I’ve seen something similar happen today as well. What happened to me was that the tab bar became corrupted (like showing several half tabs over each other, causing gibberish titles). When I closed tab after tab, after closing the last tab the project closed (like it used to do in TM1). After that I totally quit Textmate and restarted it. When I opened the project again (via the Open Recent menu) the window opened in the bottom of another screen at minimum size (around 1 line high and 80 chars width or so).
>
> I assume this did not involve clicking the zoom button (like Ed Wong)?

Well it might have involved it (I’m sorry this is of no help) because I might at one point have moved the Textmate window to another screen and used the zoom button (actually I have a keyboard shortcut for it) to get it to fit on the other screen. This would have been a lot earlier than when I saw the weird tab bar behaviour.
I can reproduce the behaviour described by Ed Wong though, clicking the zoom button while the window has screen size will resize it to a tiny thin minimum sized window. Clicking it again will bring back full window size. So at some point it registered a minimum window size as being the ‘previous’ window size.

> What version of TextMate? What version of the OS?

TM: 2.0-alpha.9573
OSX: Mavericks 10.9.5

> Can you check console for exceptions (might be too late now though)?

Yep too late, although I did a quick scan through a couple of system.logs but didn’t see anything that might be related to this… Anything you want me to grep for?

On a side note: I was debugging a misbehaving WebGL program in Safari at the moment I saw the problems, so I might have been starving the system for resources which maybe caused this issue… Or maybe it’s not related all.