[TxMt] Re: Turn off code folding?

Tue Oct 7 15:32:08 UTC 2014

On 7 Oct 2014, at 17:07, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> wrote:
>
>> Select All (⌘A), delete (⌫), and undo (⌘Z). That should
>> “reset” metadata attached to the text buffer (such as folded
>> ranges).
>
> That's good, but wouldn't it be better to find out what's going wrong
> with code folding? I've never seen any of these munging issues myself.
> m.

If the file is changed by another application then the folded ranges
(stored as an extended file attribute) will no longer point to the
correct ranges. As long as the file is only changed by TextMate, or any
changes made outside TextMate also cause the com.macromates.folded
extended attribute to be dropped, then there shouldn’t be any issues.