[TxMt] Re: Bug in DIALOG2

Tue Oct 7 13:58:51 UTC 2014

On 7 Oct 2014, at 14:30, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> […] if you execute theses commands (via CTRL+R or within a script)
> DIALOG2 will fail due to the fact that the text argument begins with
> two "-".

I introduced ‘--’ as escape sequence in
https://github.com/textmate/dialog/commit/fcb4f30fefe46fb423d5dc6ac4c07ee8eaab3dea

That means you can use:

     "$DIALOG" tooltip --text -- "--Pitch"

The problem is that the option parser does not have any template, so it
does not know that --text expects an argument, instead it looks at the
next string provided, to decide wether --text is a boolean or key/value
option.

We should change it so that each subcommand provides the parser with an
option template. With such template to guide the parsing, the escape
sequence I just introduced may become invalid (as we would ideally use
getopt_long rather than roll our own, and getopt_long does not support
‘--’ between an option and its argument).