[TxMt] Re: Cmd-{ and Cmd-} shortcuts in TM Latex bundle not working after upgrade to OS Mavericks

sanssecours sanssecours at f-m.fm
Fri Oct 3 07:26:31 UTC 2014

Gunnar Ólafur Hansson wrote
> For some time I had been using the LaTeX bundle in Textmate 1.5.11 on an
> old Mac running OS 10.6.8 with no problems. After migrating my whole
> system to a new iMac running Mavericks (OS 10.9), all the keyboard
> shortcuts that require Cmd-{ or Cmd-} for completion stopped working.
> For example, when typing "frame" and Cmd-{ (in Beamer) I get an error
> message like:
>
> "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/config_helper.rb:2:in
> "
> (and yes, it would just end abruptly there)
>
> Completion with Esc or Tab works fine, for the shortcuts that use those,
> as does toggling commenting with Cmd-\. But all of the ones with Cmd-}
> or Cmd-{ produce an error message. Same thing happens on my new laptop,
> likewise under Mavericks.
>
> I've upgraded to TextMate 2, thinking that this might have something to
> do with that Ruby thing I've been reading about. However, the problem
> has not gone away, though the symptoms are slightly different. Now no
> error message appears, but instead the "Cmd-{" and "Cmd-}" keystroke
> combinations seem to be completely dead keys; nothing at all happens
> when I press them.
>
> Does anyone know what might be going on and how I can fix this? It's
> having a pretty devastating effect on my productivity.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Gunnar
>
> Gunnar Ólafur Hansson
> Associate Professor | Department of Linguistics
> The University of British Columbia
> 2613 West Mall | Vancouver, BC  Canada V6T 1Z4
> Phone 604 822 4658 | Fax 604 822 9687

> gunnar.hansson@

>  <mailto:

> gunnar.hansson@

> www.linguistics.ubc.ca <http://www.linguistics.ubc.ca>

Hi Gunnar,

as far as I can tell the shortcut keys for the two commands you mentioned
have changed. “Command Based on Current Word / Selection” now uses the
keyboard shortcut `^>` (“Control-Shift-.”). “Environment Based on Current
Word / Selection” is now accessible via `^<` (“Control-Shift-,”). The reason
behind this change might be that the standard OS shortcuts for switching
tabs are usually bound to `⇧⌘[` and `⇧⌘[`.

Kind regards,
  René