[TxMt] Re: a small delightful feature has gone missing, I think

Wed Nov 19 20:49:23 UTC 2014

On 19 Nov 2014, at 21:11, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2014, at 2:37 AM, George McGinley Smith <george at gsgd.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> You need to set a scope in fileType for attr.untitled in
>> .tmp_properties
> It isn't a scope problem. It's the name of the file itself. I want it
> to end in .asciidoc and it offers to end in .txt instead. m.

I think you misunderstood the options here.

So, if you go to Preferences → Files and set New Document Type to
AsciiDoc then all new files default to *.asciidoc (after ⌘N + ⌘S).

Alternatively, you can create ~/MyAsciiDocProjects/.tm_properties and in
that file place this:

	[ attr.untitled ]
	fileType = 'text.asciidoc'

Now when you have a project open under ~/MyAsciiDocProjects and use
either ⌥⌘N (New Tab) or ⌃⌘N (New File in file browser) it will
default to *.asciidoc — but outside that folder, it’ll still use the
file type specified in Preferences → Files → New Document Type.