[TxMt] Re: Session ID?

Carpii UK carpii.uk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 21:16:02 UTC 2014

Not a very nice solution, but if your routine is now returning a pid of the
shell rather than the parent textmate, you can query it from bash, then the
PPID should be the TM pid

$ ps -lp62651
  UID   PID  PPID        F CPU PRI NI       SZ    RSS WCHAN     S
  ADDR TTY           TIME CMD
  501 62651   250     4084   0  48  0  3708212  48356 -      S
      0 ??         0:02.11
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/MacOS/TextMate

This would be stable *even* if it was possible to run more than one
instance of TM.

But are you sure this is even possible?
I could not get TM to use more than one instance, even trying various
things from the commandline