[TxMt] Re: Skim no longer updating when compiling tex

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Thu Nov 13 19:04:28 UTC 2014

> Hello everyone,
>
> I just upgraded to beta 6.1 and it seems that pdfs open in Skim are no longer updated when compiling tex, and further, the view is no longer being brought to the correct position in the document. For example, when I expect the viewer to open to page 20, it brings up the first page.
>
> Any ideas...?
>
> Thank you and best wishes,
>
> Anthony

Hi,

there is a very high chance, about 100% :(, that I am responsible for the problem you and the others encountered. Sorry.

I hopefully fixed the issue in https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/commit/dd13898357fa874dd5dde7d9db7b4a532c59c2f4

If you want to try the changes you can use the following steps:

1. Uninstall the LaTeX Bunde inside preferences
2. Quit TextMate
3. Enter the following command inside Terminal

    mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/Avian/Bundles/
    cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Avian/Bundles/
    git clone https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle.git

4. Open TextMate

I already mailed Michael (Sheets) about the update. Theoretically he will update the official bundle soon.

Kind regards,

  René