[TxMt] Re: conversion of bundles for 2.0

Tue Nov 11 15:26:18 UTC 2014

On 11 Nov 2014, at 15:46, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> It happens that your lowercase "info.plist" might work on some
> people's machines, but you cannot rely on this: a folder that contains
> a lowercase "info.plist" can break against Apple's expectations […]

TextMate bundles are *not* following the format of an
application/framework bundle.

For example in an application/framework bundle the Info.plist is placed
in a subfolder named “Contents” which is not the case for TextMate
bundles.

So TextMate is not wrong, it follows the standard I did 10 years ago
*inspired* by Apple, but with the info.plist in lowercase (and at the
root level of the bundle).

I later made TextMate 1.x accept Info.plist as well, but from day one,
the standard was info.plist, and that is what I carried over to 2.0.