[TxMt] Re: Go To File...

Mon May 19 01:07:07 UTC 2014

On 19 May 2014, at 0:40, Carpii UK wrote:

> 1) But I wonder, is there any way to tell TM that you do not want to
> demote
> files in the list, which are already open?

The files are sorted by last recently used. So all your open tabs (or
recently closed) should be near the top.

Is that not the case for you?

> 2) I also notice that the list shows the directory each file is in,
> but
> this is only shown after the full list has been populated. Is there a
> reason for this?

The disambiguation result is not guaranteed to be correct before we have
all the files, and since it’s not free to run this algorithm
(repeatedly, each time new files are seen), I delay it until we have the
full set.

What could be done is to initially show a single ancestor, so it would
generally be disambiguated during scan, and when scan finishes, it would
remove the component if it turns out to be unnecessary. Though I fear it
would cause a bit of “flicker” for small sets/fast disks.

An alternative is to move to a multi-line display with the full path on
the second line. It would take up more space for each item, so less
items shown, which is the downside, but as the relevant files should be
near the top, it might not be too big of a loss.