[TxMt] Re: Project Scopes

Mon May 19 00:44:38 UTC 2014

On 19 May 2014, at 1:51, Jeremy Whitlock wrote:

>   In the last update to TextMate I saw two project scopes were added
> (Jekyll and Vagrant).  What are the chances of making the logic behind
> these scopes be exposed to bundles so that a bundle could set a scope
> on a
> project?  If this is already available and I've just missed it, please
> let
> me know where to find more information.

If you just want to set a custom scope for your personal project then
that can be done via `scopeAttributes` from `.tm_properties`.

For example for TextMate’s `.tm_properties` file I have the following:

	[ tests/t_*.{cc,mm} ]
	scopeAttributes = 'attr.test.cxxtest'
	TM_NINJA_TARGET = '${TM_FILEPATH/^.*?([^\/]*)\/tests\/.*$/$1\/test/}'

This a) sets test files to include the `attr.test.cxxtest` scope (which
all the snippets in the CxxTest bundle are scoped to) and b) changes the
default build target to just run the test (the `TM_NINJA_TARGET`
environment variable).

If however you want to identify a certain type of project then currently
we don’t mind adding that to the core TextMate source (assuming the
kind of project is one used by others than you), but long-term this info
should be moved to bundles, as this will also allow us to suggest a
bundle when TM sees that the user is opening a project that is
recognized as “special” by a certain bundle.