[TxMt] Duplicate textmate windows of same file.

Geoff Vallis gkvallis at gmail.com
Fri May 16 15:15:46 UTC 2014

Hello,

I use textmate a lot for latex, with skim as the PDF viewer, and I have set it up so that I can sync between skim and textmate. However, sometimes when I shift-command-click on a skim window, in order to go to the corresponding place in the textmate window, textmate opens a new window of the source file. So I then have two windows of the same source file open in textmate. When I change one window it instantly changes the other, so they remain in sync. This is a useful feature sometimes, but not all the time. So I have two questions.

1. How can I stop this happening when using skim, so that focus just goes to the already-open textmate window?

2. How can I deliberately open two textmate windows of the same file? This is a very useful feature to have available. I hadn't realized it was a feature of textmate until the above behaviour happened.

I am using Textmate 2 (specifically 2.0-alpha.9543) on OSX 10.9.2.

Many thanks. Apologies if this message is a duplicate (an email problem).

Geoff