[TxMt] Re: Search / Replace dialog on untitled document

Carpii UK carpii.uk at gmail.com
Sat May 3 10:03:54 UTC 2014

> This is when you bring up Edit → Find → Find in Project… (⇧⌘F).
>
> For a document search dialog use Edit → Find → Find… (⌘F).

Ahh, got it, thanks.

I've come from an editor where its ⌘F to search, and ⇧⌘F to Search/Replace,
which explains why I'm seeing Project search so often

> I do not see issues here with folder searching causing beachball and I can
> abort it instantly, either closing the window (⌘W) or clicking the stop
> button to the left of the status text.
>

> What is “a good while”? Seconds? Tens of seconds? Minutes?

Its 5 minutes plus while scanning my home dir - I usually end up killing TM
so never found out when it becomes responsive again

The reg exp I used was ' ([0-9]){2})'. Its probably because there are some
big files in there, or perhaps its just finding so many matches.

But the lock-up is less of an issue really. I never want to search my home
dir, and so it was just a side effect of not understanding how to control
scope with ⌘F vs ⇧⌘F

Thanks