[TxMt] Re: Projects/Drawer in 2.0

Sat May 3 01:31:45 UTC 2014

On 3 May 2014, at 2:05, Tobias Jung wrote:

> […] Or you can create a folder, e.b. called "my_project" on your
> hard disk, put aliases of your commonly-used files into that folder
> (hold command + option keys pressed while dragging and dropping in the
> Finder) and then open "my_project" in TM 2.

I’d recommend symbolic links over aliases, as the former is a file
system feature, so supported by everything, where the latter makes the
application layer responsible for properly resolving them, so not all
code will do the right thing.

A symbolic link can be created from terminal by changing to your project
directory then running:

     ln -s /path/to/file

This will create a symbolic link named ‘file’ in the current folder.
In general though you probably want to make the symbolic links relative.

TextMate’s file browser can also create symbolic links via
drag’n’drop and holding down control, but these are always made
absolute (though I’ll probably change that).