[TxMt] Re: Mail bundle font setting

Jon Ippolito jippolito at maine.edu
Sun Mar 9 13:06:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 "Allan Odgaard" wrote:
> The Mail bundle is actually from the early days of TextMate 1.x
Yes, it was invaluable to me as it allowed me to quickly process emails with macros like "Dear {firstname}" and embedded snippets.

That said, I do realize it was a bit of a hack and Mail.app has changed much since then. Does TM2 support a version of Edit in Textmate?

> its
> grammar could be useful if TextMate is setup as external editor for an
> email client that support external editors (where it then has keys to
> increase/decrease quotation level, reformat (quoted) paragraphs, etc.).
Hmm, do you know any email clients for Mavericks that support this?

> it was introduced here:
> http://blog.macromates.com/2006/textmate-tricks/#edit_in_textmate_from_apple_mail
That post also introduced editable Web Preview, another essential part of my toolkit (and another reason I've been nervous to leave TM1). Is there a TM2 equivalent?

You can probably tell that I want to use TextMate for everything on my computer. Thanks to Allan and everyone else who's contributed to this indispensable workhorse!

jon