[TxMt] Re: Mail bundle font setting

Thu Mar 6 02:57:27 UTC 2014

On 6 Mar 2014, at 2:42, Jon Ippolito wrote:

> Oooh, this sounds like a bundle targetted to use with the OSX
> Mail.app. I might just have to leap to TM2.
>
> Is there a description of its features somewhere?

The Mail bundle is actually from the early days of TextMate 1.x, it was
“introduced” here:
http://blog.macromates.com/2006/textmate-tricks/#edit_in_textmate_from_apple_mail

But Mail.app has changed a few times since, and so has the input manager
infrastructure I used for the Edit in TextMate feature, so I don’t
think this can (easily) be made to work again.

Beyond Mail.app though the bundle has encoding functionality (base 64,
quoted printable, and ROT 13), allows you to open mailto: links by
pressing fn-return / enter (⌅) with caret on such link, and its
grammar could be useful if TextMate is setup as external editor for an
email client that support external editors (where it then has keys to
increase/decrease quotation level, reformat (quoted) paragraphs, etc.).