[TxMt] Re: indented soft wrap, yet again

Sat Mar 1 17:33:26 UTC 2014

On 2 Mar 2014, at 0:15, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> wrote:
>
>> When we review bundles, we ensure that all items are scoped so that
>> they are only active for the bundle’s language
>
> I don't see how you make that out. The Source bundle's double-slashed
> comment indentedSoftWrap is scoped to comment.line.double-slash; it
> does not limit itself to source scope. That's the problem.
>
> Similarly, the Text bundle's numbered list indentedSoftWrap is scoped
> to markup.list.numbered; it does not ask me whether I want _my_
> numbered lists to use this setting, it just does it to me.

The Source and Text bundles are default bundles that have general
settings related to source and text, they are not (third party) language
specific bundles.

> Thus, for example, if I want to avoid this indented soft wrapping for
> comments, I can't call my scope comment.line.double-slash.asciidoc
> […]

No, you should use that scope.

If you as a user do not want soft wrapped comments, you should (with the
current state of things) disable the settings in the Source bundle.

But you, as a bundle author, should not craft your scopes to avoid
(default) settings.