[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2 Bundle Management

Sun Jun 29 12:12:46 UTC 2014

On 25 Jun 2014, at 15:35, Phil Molyneux wrote:

>    (2) I have a number of personal bundles for snippets in HTML,
> LaTeX, Haskell and Text
>    --- using the guidance in
> https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/FAQ
>    I placed symbolic links to my bundle files in ~/Library/Application
> Support/Avian/Bundles
>    --- to activate them I had to delete
> ~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/BundlesIndex.binary
>    (there was no BundleIndex.plist)
>    --- I there no way in the interface to force a reloading of bundles
> ? (I use symbolic links to my bundles so that any edits
>    get automatically synchronised to my other machines)

Under normal circumstances TextMate will pick up changes automatically,
hence why there is no option to reload (other than deleting
BundlesIndex.binary and relaunching).

The mechanism to detect changes rely on fs-events and unfortunately we
have learned that fs-events does not work for all users. If you find
that your changes does not appear (after sync) then it would seem your
system is affected as well.

I keep hoping that Apple will fix the issue, because I would rather not
start to poll the file system (now that we actually have an API to avoid
it). It seems a simpler way to force a reload might be required, but
ideally the user should not have to manually do these things…