[TxMt] Re: rmate is a life saver

Eduardo Francos efrancos at efrancos.com
Thu Jun 26 14:34:15 UTC 2014

I totally agree. Emacs has its own strong points, but doesn't beat TM :-)
I have a problem though with the connection type rmate uses. Some of my clients' web sites are hosted in mutualized servers who don't allow hosted user scripts to open sockets, and can only be accessed through the standard HTTP/HTTPS means. In this configuration the rmate fails with an authorization error.
I started looking at implementing a kind of rmate HTTP tunnel to ensure the transfer of commands and contents.
The idea is to have a local "httpmate" program that communicates with a web service on the remote site to do the job, while communicating with the locally running TM through the rmate normal channel.