[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2 Bundle Management

Tim Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:43:25 UTC 2014

On 25 Jun 2014, at 09:35, Phil Molyneux <molyneux at pobox.com> wrote:
>       After 8 years using TextMate 1.x and a couple of years of reading about TextMate 2,
>       a new Mac and a move to Mavericks (from Lion) have prompted me to migrate my work to TextMate 2

Welcome to the future! You’ll like it.

>       (1) in the TextMate 2 Bundles Editor there does not appear to be a way to move items, edit groups  or separators
>       --- have I missed something obvious here ?

Editing is possible, but only manually, directing modifying the .plist
This is not hard, but is not for beginners. I believe Allan will be adding UI editing once TM2 is deemed fixed enough to let creating a final UI for bundles rise up the todo list.

We’d all love to see it now :-)

>       (2) I have a number of personal bundles for snippets in HTML, LaTeX, Haskell and Text
>       --- using the guidance in https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/FAQ
>       I placed symbolic links to my bundle files in ~/Library/Application Support/Avian/Bundles
>       --- to activate them I had to delete ~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/BundlesIndex.binary
>       (there was no BundleIndex.plist)
>       --- I there no way in the interface to force a reloading of bundles ?

I place my personal bundles under git (hub and bitbucket) control, and synch them across machines that way.

That way, they live in “~/Library/Application Support/Avian/Bundles/*.tmbundle like they should