[TxMt] Re: Code fold guides

graham.p.heath@gmail.com graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:15:57 UTC 2014

The solutions I've found piggy backed on the scope selectors in TextMate. This has the side effect of the guides not being visible on lines with no whitespace.

Here's a stack overflow question in which I describe how to get this working http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17463270/column-indentation-guide-on-textmate/17492004#17492004

I was even maintainting a fork https://github.com/loadedsith/textmate that had a rudimentary fold guide support, it worked the same as the above just a little prettier. It worked by adding a new font state, as in bold and italic, and drawing a vertical line at the beginning of the fold-guide scope selector. Unfortunately they broke in a recent build and I've not fixed it (yet). Should anyone wish to carry the torch, the commit that actually made it work (while it worked) was https://github.com/loadedsith/textmate/commit/2a7239047217d35696494040c131e995ae5ac7d6

I asked Allen once if he'd pull it in to the main branch, he felt it would need to be a setting, unfortunately its not something I've been able to do.

graham.p.heath at gmail.com