[TxMt] Show current scope/block, but not Textmate scope

coccoinomane coccoinomane at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:32:44 UTC 2014

Dear all,

First of all, thank you to the developers for the hard work they put on
Textmate! I have been using it since 2009, when you had to pay for it, and
since then I have convinced about 5 people to use it.

Say that I am editing a C/C++ file, with plenty of nested loops and "if"
conditions. Is there a command to show an outline of these scopes and at
which level the caret is in such hierarchy? For example, if the caret is
inside this nested loop:

void func (int N) {

  if (N<10) {
    for (int i=0, i<N, i++) {
      for (int j=0, j<N, j++) {
        for (int k=0, k<N, k++) {
            printf ("%g\n", i*j*k);
           <caret is here>
        }
      }
    }
  }

} // end of func

I know that I can find the function name in the status bar, or by pressing
cmd+shift+t, but I am not aware about a command that would tell me that I am
in the *k-j-i* loop of the *if(N<10)* branch. This would be very handy as
some codes make heavy use of nested loops.

Thank you for your attention,
Guido