[TxMt] Re: Included shell grammar until EOF

Mon Jul 28 14:21:26 UTC 2014

On 24 Jul 2014, at 22:22, Stefan Daschek wrote:

>> […] Be sure not to assign any scope beyond meta.* to potentially
>> matched
>> leading whitespace.
>
> Pull request: https://github.com/textmate/shellscript.tmbundle/pull/18

Thanks, I commented on the PR with a possible improvement to the regexp.

> I decided not to delete the scope because there are similiar scopes
> like `meta.scope.while-loop.shell`, and though I couldn’t find any
> references to those scopes in any bundles I suspect they could be used
> for syntax highlighting.

The scopes can also affect behavior/settings and the Select Scope
(⌥⌘B) functionality, though for the latter, it’s fine that we get
the leading whitepsace included in the selection (where caret is inside
an `if`…`fi` expression).