[TxMt] Re: problem adding a bundle

Mon Jul 28 12:23:57 UTC 2014

On 28 Jul 2014, at 13:11, Carpii UK wrote:

> Kinda related to this question, I wonder what would be involved in
> moving
> all textmate bundles and settings to DropBox?
>
> I'd really like to just have my macbook and iMac synced up, but in the
> past
> Ive tried this and ran into the stale BundleIndex issue.

In theory it should work, the problem is that TextMate relies on
fs-events to know about changes done to the file system, and apparently
these are not reliable:
http://feedback.livereload.com/knowledgebase/articles/86239

With potentially thousands of bundle items, I’m not sure what a good
alternative is to relying on this file monitoring API working.