[TxMt] Re: TM2 Open Favorite behaviour

Sun Jul 6 08:43:01 UTC 2014

On 22 May 2014, at 16:31, Ed Wong wrote:

A bit late on this one…

> […] So I Shift-Cmd-O to bring up the Open Favorite popup and select
> one of the favourites and this is what happens:
>
> In the latest nightly build, a new window opens and fills with a
> selection of open files from F1. This is actually new behaviour that I
> see when writing up this email. Could be it’s opening up some
> previously cached version of a F1 window?

This is not the expected behavior and not something I can reproduce.

Does the two F1 windows show the same project folder: should be visible
in the window title or when using Go → Project Folder (⇧⌘O).

> In previous builds what happens is that the original F1 comes to the
> front.

This is the expected behavior and I think makes sense as the default
behavior. Perhaps holding option or adding a button to the Open
Favorites dialog could make it instead do a “duplicate” — I
don’t think this is a simple change though, so I can add it to the
list, but probably won’t look into it anytime soon (so a PR is your
best bet if you need it).

Meanwhile what you can do is:

  1. Press ⌃⌥⌘N (New Project)
  2. Go → Favorites or click the heart icon in the file browser
  3. Click the desired folder
  4. Open the top drop-down menu of the file browser and select “Use
«folder» as Project Folder”.

Listing the above steps makes me think project folder for new windows
should not be set before actually opening a file (unless the window was
created by opening a folder, e.g. via mate).