[TxMt] Re: Indented soft wrapping

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Fri Jan 31 23:58:00 UTC 2014

> [...]
> Users would still have to go to the Bundle Editor and select to enable the iten.
>
> There’s a few other things that fall in the same category, i.e. needs to be enabled/disabled via settings in bundles, and I haven’t yet figured out how I would like to go about better exposing these things. On hand I would like to introduce (more) GUI for common stuff, OTOH I would like to keep TextMate more of an engine with a lot of customization possibilities (which can’t always be captured by a single GUI switch).

FWIW, here's an idea:

Would it be possible to expose an API for bundles to provide their own "preference pane", a la System Preferences? I'm imagining an interface something like Growl's Applications tab—a page in TextMate's Preferences window with a list of bundles in the sidebar, and an area on the right with settings for that bundle.

It wouldn't enable anything you can't already do with the Bundle Editor, but it would be much more *discoverable* for those who don't want to be required to hack on their bundles.

–Adam