[TxMt] Re: Indented soft wrapping

Tom Wardrop tom at tomwardrop.com
Wed Jan 29 10:52:50 UTC 2014

Perhaps my frustrations comes from the fact that there's not a simple menu
item for it. There should be a soft-wrap sub-menu or something with the
option to enable indented soft-wrapping. Enabling this global setting
(which it should be by default) would apply the common "same indent level +
1" to all bundles. Bundles could then override this with grammar specific
soft-wrapping where applicable. I shouldn't have to, with much frustration,
Google for an example of soft-wrapping, and then be required to work out
how it all works.

This is a matter of usability more than capability. I want to develop for
my application, not for my text editor if I can at all avoid it. It's about
having smart defaults (who doesn't prefer indented soft-wrap over ordinary
soft-wrapping?) and easily accessible options for the most common toggles.
Everything else can be done in the bundle editor.

Is that unreasonable?

Tom