[TxMt] Selecting text between single or double quotes (was: Newbie...Select between double quotes)

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Wed Jan 29 03:52:03 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Today I felt the need to be able to select text between quotes, and
managed to dig up this old message from 2009
(http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2009-June/028965.html):

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Oliver Taylor <olivertaylor at me.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 7:17 PM, MDX-LE<dj9027 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > How do I Select all the characters between double quotes? When I use Ctrl+Alt+B when the cursor is somewhere inside the double quotes, it selects all the characters inside the quotes AND the quotes themselves.
> >
> > Can I change this so that I can restrict selection within the quotes without the quotes?
>
> If you create a macro or command with the same shortcut you'll override the menu item.
>
> I've attached a macro that might do what you want, but you may have to customize it.

I've attached an improved version of this macro that works for either
single or double quotes, including when single quotes are within a
double quoted string and vice-versa (though it still won't handle
escaped quotes properly).

If you have any suggestions for further improvements let me know!

–Adam