[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2 can quit without offering to save open dirty documents

Jason Smith jason at ncpod.org
Sun Jan 19 20:34:11 UTC 2014

Hear, hear. I often use TextMate as quasi-persistent scratch space while developing. I don't care to keep it long term, but I do want it to persist across sessions. Just checked, and my current suite of tasks (8 of them) have a total of 9 scratch space tabs.

It would be quite annoying to have to cycle through those on something as simple as an update relaunch, when I'm not going to save them in the long run anyway.

Again, I find this consistent with the newer standard OS X behavior. Saving files explicitly just to preserve content *without* closing the window seems to be considered deprecated by Apple.

--
Jason