[TxMt] Re: Template (File/New from template)

Thu Jan 16 13:47:47 UTC 2014

On 14 Jan 2014, at 4:22, vmurphy wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to perform a function in textmate2 which
> was in
> textmate1
> Used to be able to open a new file "from a template". I no longer see
> this
> option anyway. Any advise much appreciated.

Templates do not exist in 2.0.

I suggest converting your templates to snippets. The most likely
re-implementation of templates will likely be something that allows you
to specify file name(s) with associated snippets, as the main advantage
templates had (in 1.x) over snippets were the ability to create multiple
files.

For the records, in 2.0 one can use brace expansion when saving a file,
for example saving a file as “main.{c,h}” will save the current file
as “main.c” and create a new tab representing “main.h”.