[TxMt] Prevent Identation not working

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Mon Jan 13 19:09:40 UTC 2014

I've just discovered that part of the breakage in the Asciidoc bundle is due to the higher precedence in TextMate 2 of the indentation rules. In particular, I have deduced that I'm being bolluxed by a rule inherited from text.html. The asciidoc grammar is scoped as text.html.asciidoc, wrongly; I intend to change that, but right now I'm still learning my away around.

(There is little doubt that the scoping of the asciidoc grammar as text.html.asciidoc is a huge mistake and lies at the heart of many of my problems. I didn't write this grammar so it isn't my fault; I'm just trying to fix it so it works. Asciidoc has nothing to do with html - even less, indeed, than markdown does. There are some places where asciidoc should behave like xml, but then the solution is presumably to adopt xml behavior in just those places. So all this is going to change. But humor me anyway, for now.)

According to the FAQ on github, I should be able to shelter myself from indentation rules ("you can disable the auto-indentation entirely") by a setting like this:

    { disableIndentCorrections = :true; }

But no matter how I scope that pref (including no scope, text.html, etc.), automatic indentation when I press Return is happening, under the influence of text.html (the caret is in the scope text.html.asciidoc meta.paragraph.asciidoc).

Have I found a bug in TextMate 2, or am I just being misled by the wording in the FAQ?

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do