[TxMt] Re: how to do HTML <pre>-wrapped output in TextMate 2?

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Sun Jan 12 19:02:08 UTC 2014

On Jan 11, 2014, at 10:25 PM, Matt Neuburg <matt at tidbits.com> wrote:

> Very helpful, thanks! I really appreciate this kind of education. m.

And the winner is (hey, it might help someone else in the future):

require 'shellwords'
require "#{ENV['TM_SUPPORT_PATH']}/lib/tm/executor"
a = s.shellsplit
TextMate::Executor.run(*a, :use_hashbang => false, :verb => "Converting")

"s" is the big long command-line string. Output looks great, plus it outputs as the messages from the shell arrive (your threading/piping is serious better than mine). Personally I think the "version" display you mentioned earlier looks great too. Thanks again. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do