[TxMt] Re: Why does TextMate need an Avian and a TextMate folder in Library/Application Support

Fri Jan 10 03:18:28 UTC 2014

On 8 Jan 2014, at 7:50, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> But that's the wrong answer. They need to continue to avoid conflicts.
> For example, the third-party AsciiDoc bundle is very broken under
> TextMate 2. I don't know why and I don't have much time (or ability)
> to figure it out […]

The goal is to be backwards compatible¹. So if the AsciiDoc bundle is
broken with TextMate 2 then it sounds like there is an issue with
TextMate 2.

Can you give an example of how it is broken?

¹ Except for template support and some minor things where we decided it
would be best to break compatibility because 1.x was “wrong”.