[TxMt] Re: Why does TextMate need an Avian and a TextMate folder in Library/Application Support

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Jan 7 17:48:27 UTC 2014

It is reasonable that TextMate 2 has its own Avian folder for bundles. I think what Torsten is complaining about (and I agree) is that TextMate2 uses _two_ Application Support folders. It gets its custom bundles from the Avian folder, but it also invades TextMate 1's TextMate folder and puts some stuff in there. So it uses the TextMate folder, but, as Torsten rightly says, it ignores the custom bundles in the TextMate folder, because it is getting those from the Avian folder.

Torsten, if you don't want duplicate copies of the custom bundles, you can use symlinks in the Avian folder to point into the TextMate folder. m.