[TxMt] Re: how to change name of tmLanguage file

Wed Feb 12 05:12:52 UTC 2014

On 12 Feb 2014, at 10:10, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> I would like to suggest that it is a bug that when you create a bundle
> the grammar file is named untitled.tmLanguage even after you change
> the name of the grammar in the bundle editor. I should not have had to
> reach into the innards of the bundle in order to do this...

The first time you save the new grammar, it is given a name. So
generally when creating new items, name them before saving them.

The reason it does not update the name on disk is because it can cause
version control issues.

It should be possible to manually rename in Finder or a terminal
(TextMate does consider it the same, but if you have the fs-events
issue/bug, you should delete the bundle index in Library/Caches after
renaming it and then relaunch TextMate).