[TxMt] Re: Find/Replace Dialog in Full Screen Mode

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Sat Feb 8 17:36:06 UTC 2014

> On 6 Feb 2014, at 18:30, Robert Milton wrote:
>
>> […] Before opening TextMate, assign it to This Desktop (ctrl-click TextMate on the dock, Options->This Desktop).
>
> I see no such option here. Do I need to enable something to get this? Or is this perhaps a third party utility?

I know teacher call on me call on me teacher call on me I know the answer oooooh ooooooh oooooh I had my hand up first!

Under Options in an app's Dock menu you will "normally" see things like this:

Keep in Dock
Open at Login
Show in Finder

Now launch Mission Control (I do apologize for the stupid way Apple names its applications). Swing the mouse to the top right of the screen until you see a big "+" appear. Click it. Click on the backdrop to dismiss Mission Control.

Now you have multiple "spaces", now known as Desktops.

Now Options also has an Assign To Desktop category:

All Desktops
Desktop 1
Desktop 2
[etc.]
None

In other words, you won't see the phenomena associated with multiple Desktops unless you _have_ multiple Desktops. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do