[TxMt] Re: rmate stopped working with alpha.9459

tmanhollan tony.manhollan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 19:50:35 UTC 2014

I just discovered the same problem in alpha.9503. For me, IPv6 is configured
in its default (automatic) state on both sides of the connection. The
problem seems to be, as Brian noted, that IPv4 alone isn't working. In my
case, the RemoteForward directive used the numeric IPv4 address, as in the
example in the help document referenced by the help button on the "Terminal"
preferences pane:

  RemoteForward 52698 127.0.0.1:52698

This had the effect of restricting operation to IPv4, just as the
AddressFamily directive did for Brian. Replacing 127.0.0.1 with localhost
seems to circumvent the problem when IPv6 is properly configured on the
local and remote sides and the remote side resolves localhost to the IPv6
address.

Seems like it's unintended behavior for IPv4 not to work, but I'd suggest at
least changing the help document to refer to localhost instead of 127.0.0.1
as that would avoid the problem for MOST people, but also note the reliance
on its resolving to the IPv6 address if you're unable to make it work for
both address families.

My environment specs: Mac OS 10.8.5 /usr/bin/ssh -V = OpenSSH_5.9p1, OpenSSL
0.9.8y 5 Feb 2013. TextMate is 2.0-alpha.9503

Brian Powell-4 wrote