[TxMt] Re: Indented soft wrapping

Tom Wardrop tom at tomwardrop.com
Mon Feb 3 05:52:47 UTC 2014

I suppose there needs to be more global settings, and for each of them,
perhaps provide four settings instead of two. Using soft-wrap as an
example, they would be:

   - Forced on - Forces soft-wrapping to be ON regardless of
   bundle-specific settings.
   - Default on - Respects bundle-specific settings, but defaults to ON
   where bundle does not specify.
   - Default off - Respects bundle-specific settings, but defaults to OFF
   where bundle does not specify.
   - Forced off - Forces soft-wrapping to be OFF regardless of
   bundle-specific settings.

I agree with most of the other discussion also.

Regarding identifying why a line is styled as it is (e.g. orange and in
italics), perhaps a simple solution would be to simply show the style
information for the current cursor position by holding down a modifier key,
or by providing an option in the context-menu called "Show style
information" that displayed in a tooltip or window overlay all inherited
styles at the position of the cursor. This I imagine would be much less
work than providing something equivalent to the inspector in most web
browsers.

Tom