[TxMt] Re: Committing to git submodule

Tue Dec 16 13:33:43 UTC 2014

On 16 Dec 2014, at 20:24, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I can see my submodule's files, both in the diff and the commit
> dialog, even if no files are selected. I guess that's why I was hoping
> it would work.

I haven’t checked, but I think the diff command recursively visits
submodules with changes.

For me, the commit window does not show files from submodules.

In practice the commit command could also recursively visit submodules,
but if the user selects both files in the root repository and one or
more submodules, then it would have to do multiple commits, and if it
does commits both in a submodule and the root repository, one might
perhaps expect that the commit done in the root repository would also
include updating the submodule reference.