[TxMt] Saving tab settings for a file.

Curt Sellmer sellmerfud at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 14:40:21 UTC 2014

Is there a way to have TextMate remember the tab settings for a specific
file?  I seem to recall that TextMate 1 did this.

I have a file with a .txt extension that I would like to always be set to
indent size 2 with soft tabs.

In my default .tm_properties file I have the a [ text.plain ] section that
sets the defaults to 8 and no soft tabs so I assume that this is why the
file is always opened with these settings.  I would like to make this one
file an exception, but it is not part of any particular "project" just a
one off file.

I suppose I could add an entry in my default .tm_properties file for each
specific exception to the rule, but was hoping there might be a way that
wouldn't involve this.

Thanks.