[TxMt] Re: File changed status wrong when modified by a bundle command

Fri Aug 15 10:39:20 UTC 2014

Starting a new thread should not be done by replying to an existing
letter and changing subject. It messes up threading for software that
uses the in-reply-to email headers.

On 10 Aug 2014, at 8:30, Eduardo Francos wrote:

> I'm writing a bundle command that increments the build number of a
> project by modifying one of the project's files.
> When that file is the currently active one in TM then TM will detect
> the change and reload the file, but it will also set the changed
> status to true.
> This does not happen if the file is not the currently active one even
> if the file is opened in another tab, nor does it happen when the file
> is modified by a different process (ex: vi)
>
> Is this the intended behavior?

It does not sound like it, but I have seen it myself occasionally, where
a file has no changes but is marked as modified. I think mostly when
using Git → Revert for an open file.

The way TextMate tracks changes on disk is something I would like to
rework. But if you have steps-to-reproduce with 100% certainty, please
do share.