[TxMt] Re: Grammar ?bug? - incompatible TM 1.5 grammar issue

Thu Apr 10 02:05:08 UTC 2014

On 10 Apr 2014, at 6:46, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> hmm, or the other way around - it could be the case that TM1's syntax
> highlighting engine was really line based i.e. each single line was
> checked against the grammar one after the other uncoupled from the
> entire doc whereby TM2's engine "is a bit more document based".

Yes, for TM 2 \A and \z are “document anchors” instead of line
anchors (and \G has also been given meaning beyond Ongiruma’s default
behavor).

As for TM not noticing grammar changes, this would normally be when
editing an included or injected grammar, in this case a relaunch is
required. Editing root grammars should have the changes take effect when
saving the grammar, and yes, it’s something I consider a temporary
limitation.