[TxMt] Re: The new commit window

Thu Apr 10 01:31:45 UTC 2014

On 10 Apr 2014, at 0:52, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> * The new look feels quite heavy. It uses a lot of textured/brushed
> (or what they're called) controls. I get the feeling that Apple is
> moving more towards controls that feel more lightweight

The new window is closer to the rest of TextMate’s UI. Yes, it looks
heavier because there are more controls than the previous commit window
(the text view’s status bar) and it uses textured controls because
it’s using a textured window.

I am not sure what to take from this. You want a visually lighter commit
window that doesn’t use the textured window look? If so, the text
view’s status bar would probably need to be updated to match such
window.

Though this is one of the things where I suggest you use it for a few
weeks before commenting on how it subjectively feels, although specific
suggestions/mockups are received with gratitude.

> * The bottom bar doesn't look like the one in the main window

Should it? The main window has a status bar with info to be read, the
commit window has a bottom bar with actions represented via bordered
controls.

> * It's not possible to change the height of the commit message text
> view

You can resize the window to make it taller (TODO set auto-save name for
the window).

> * The cancel button doesn't properly work. The other window that also
> opens still waits for a commit message (or something) after the commit
> window is closed

By “doesn’t properly work” you mean that the HTML output window
does not (also) go away? But instead writes that the commit was
cancelled?