[TxMt] Re: Grammar ?bug? - incompatible TM 1.5 grammar issue

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Apr 9 21:18:34 UTC 2014

On Apr 9, 2014, at 7:25 PM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> {	name = 'source.rd.console.prompt';
> 	begin = '^[>+:] ';
> 	end = '\n\z';
> 	beginCaptures = { 0 = { name = 'keyword.other.embedded.rd.console'; }; };
> 	patterns = ( { include = 'source.r'; } );
> },

I believe I found the issue here - or better said - two issues.

As I said, I tried several possible solutions to fix the problem, and by doing this I assumed that ANY change in the grammar will force TM 2.0 to reload the doc on basis of the new grammar - but I learnt not ANY change will be recognized on-the-fly.

What I now did: I removed the "\z" in the "end" clause AND restarted TM 2.0 - after that the LaTeX RDaemon grammar works fine so far.

The question now is - apart from the updating behaviour after changing a grammar (maybe beta-status) - what is difference between TM 1 and 2 in that respect? For Oniguruma a \z is the absolute end of a string regardless of \n. Was there a change from TM 1 to 2?

Kind regards,
Hans