[TxMt] The new commit window

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Apr 9 17:52:30 UTC 2014

I just noticed the new commit window in the latest release of TM2. My
initial reaction is that I don't like it. Here's a couple of comments:

* The new look feels quite heavy. It uses a lot of textured/brushed (or
what they're called) controls. I get the feeling that Apple is moving
more towards controls that feel more lightweight

* The bottom bar doesn't look like the one in the main window

* It's not possible to change the height of the commit message text view

* The cancel button doesn't properly work. The other window that also
opens still waits for a commit message (or something) after the commit
window is closed

* One thing that's been bugging me or quite a while is that when doing
an amend the check box for updating the commit message is enabled by
default but there's no commit message. The commit message of the commit
being amended should automatically be inserted in the text view and all
text should be selected. This makes it easy to just change the commit
message when amending. Or just add new changes without updating the
commit message, all without needing to use the mouse

--
/Jacob Carlborg