[TxMt] Re: Regular expression to replace code

Sat Nov 23 02:50:36 UTC 2013

On 22 Nov 2013, at 13:57, Ross Ahmed wrote:

> Perhaps the whole question didn't get posted
>
> I would select is.numeric(mean(mtcars$mpg)), hit use as find, and use
> a regular expression to replace is.numeric(mean(mtcars$mpg)) with
> mean(mtcars$mpg) […]

Assuming the outer function name is only word characters and inner
function is word characters or the dollar sign, you can search for:
\w+\(([\w$]+\(.*?\))\)

Then replace with $1 (capture register one).

I would recommend that you study regular expressions and also
TextMate’s format strings, for the more TextMate specific stuff, here
are some useful links:

  - 1.x manual:
http://manual.macromates.com/en/regular_expressions#replacement_string_syntax_format_strings
  - extended 2.0 grammar: