[TxMt] Re: networkx, scipy load errors in TextMate

Sun Nov 10 19:45:52 UTC 2013

On 10 Nov 2013, at 23:00, Dave Gianetto wrote:

> […] I don't see how a path issue causes certain libraries of a
> common distribution (Enthought Canopy 1.1.1) to not be loadable.

OS X ships with a version of python. Programs find this by looking at
the locations specified via the PATH variable.

This means that if you install a custom version of python, then you can
make it be used by altering PATH, or if you just need it to be used by
TextMate, you can set the TM_PYTHON variable.

It’s unclear to me if you installed the networkx module for the system
python, or you installed a completely new version of python with its own
modules, but I do think you did the latter.

This means that you need to instruct TextMate to use this new version of
python, e.g. by setting TM_PYTHON.

First though you need to figure out if a) this is actually what you did,
and b) where this new version of python was installed.