[TxMt] Re: Using crash report e-mail address

Sat Nov 2 12:46:12 UTC 2013

On 01 Nov 2013, at 16:44, Gary Ash <gary.ash at icloud.com> wrote:

> Is the e-mail address that’s listed in the crash report dialog recorded in an accessible location?

Not per se, if the user edits it, it can be read from defaults, but if not, it will only exist in memory.

Also, I may change it to avoid the annoying warning dialog on first launch (which means not read the email address before user actually has a crash to submit and/or opens the corresponding preference pane).

> I’d like to make use of it in a bundle.

I read the email address from the user’s “me” card. I think at some point one could access the address book directly from python and ruby via the scripting bridge, but not sure what the status on this is.